Sherry Fisdale, Jim Drew, Karen Possner, Marianne Ross, Drew Walsh, Meredith Griggs, John Membrino, Robin Richter, Vicki Judson, Jane Winer, Jerry Barton, Bill Marmon, Madeline Carter, Alec Graham, Ann Marie Cunningham, Ned Goddard, John Noble, and Robin Kogelnik.
Minutes of the December 2015 meeting, as printed in The Islander, were approved by unanimous vote.
Archivist Karen Possner reported that she would be making the annual deposit of archival materials with the Washington Historical Society and requested delivery to her of any archival materials.
Captain Drew Walsh reported no new activity on the Island as is typical in winter.
Treasurer Ned Goddard reported that 2016 dues notices had been mailed and reminded members that the deadline this year for payment is February 15th.
Membership Secretary John Noble reported that long time member Ann Lucy, 71, died December 31st after a fall. Jane Winer gave a thoughtful tribute to Ann Lucy.
Noble further reported three resignations, including the resignation of John and Jennifer Glaudemans, who have moved to the Eastern Shore. and he read portions of a lovely letter they wrote about their appreciation of the Island.
Noble noted that the window for new wait list applications has opened and that 10 applications have been received. The application window remains open until March 31st.
Scheduling Supervisor Jody Benjamin reports with a Huzzah that the following have recently done relief caretaker duty: Barbara Fisher, Meredith Griggs, Sandi and Jeff Komarow, and Mary Ann Stein. Eric and Amy Aaserud volunteered but were kept off the Island by high water on January 2.
President Wells reviewed activities for the upcoming year, which include:
- Winter Bird Walk—February 20
- Spring Workfest—April 10, rain date April 17
- Spring flower walk—date to be determined
- Orientation for new wait list members—John Noble,sometime in May–June
- Summer Solstice party and Camp Out—tentatively June 19
- Fishing derby—August,date to be determined, need to check with George Malusky
- Regatta — Labor Day, September 5
- Club Party—with Robin Richter in charge, sometime in mid-to-late September
- Old Timers lunch—Lucky Marmon, October, date to be determined.
- Fall Workfest—November 13, rain date November 20
- Christmas Party—December 14
- There was discussion about a paddle board activity and canoe training class.
Substitute Recording Secretary